11 February 2009

Unexplainable Love





That time of the year is upon us again. I think it’s really brilliant that a day is aside for “Love”. This is one language we all speak, the language of love. Love is the same to the Chinese, the Indian, the Africans, the Americans, the English, the Scandinavians, etc. Valentines’ is especially important when it falls on a weekend, because we have time to enjoy the day and ourselves.

Sometimes love is misunderstood when bequeathed and not reciprocated. I’ve seen people hurt from loving others but not receiving the same. It touches them in ways that defies explaining.

I’ve seen those who have given up fame, time and money for the cause of love. Those who have gone to great extent to demonstrated their love for others.
Love defies explaining, ask anyone in love they’ll tell you “I feel something but I can’t explain it”. This is one reason people are taken advantage of, abused and misunderstood because they love deeply and recklessly on a level that defies meaning.

Love sometimes appears foolish, I’ve heard people say don’t be a fool in love, open your eyes. I think what they are saying is, don’t love selflessly, unreservedly without expectations, don’t love the way you really feel, be vain, fake, or phoney.

Have you seen two people in love and think, No way! What is he/she doing with her/him? He’s 6.5” tall and she 4"short, he’s black and she’s white, he’s fat, she’s skinny and so on.

A parent who decides to keep a disabled child because of the love they have for the child. Or a child who decides to selflessly care for an old parent, despite their financial predicament, because of love. How do you explain these acts, we call them love but love itself cannot be explained.

All kinds of despicable deeds have been perpetuated in the name of love. How can a feeling so sweet cause so much pain, lust, anger, violence and hatred? How?
Our attempts to explain love have resulted in shameful and ugly deeds. We have given it reason, we’ve coated the very essence of love and transformed it to suit our own goal it was not intended so.

Straight from my heart is this charge for us to love God’s way (see top right hand coner): as he intended because that is what works every time. Any attempt to change it, explain it, reason it will undoubtedly fail.
Enjoy this peace dedicated to my hubby!

You unlock my heart with your smile that spreads across your face so tenderly,
You cast a spell on me when you gazed my way and sent a wink that spoke volume.
You ignited a spark in my loins when your hand held mine and walked me up the steps to love,
You froze my breath when I felt your lips on mine the first day we kissed.
You are the love sound that wakes me up daily,
Yours is the voice that I want to hear forever,
It holds sweet rings of endearment when you speak,
Yours is the light that streams through my window on a summer day,
And yours is the candle that lights up a dark grey night.
You took me to heaven when I am one with you.


© Deboo February 2008
Pictures by photobucket.

8 comments:

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Firrrrrrrrrrrrst! yaaaaaaaaay...

Lovely post.. well said..!!!

Yes...It's all about expressing and receiving the nature and essence of God's love..

The only way to experience the TRUE meaning and nature of Love is to align ourselve with the intricate meaning of God's love - its enlightment will equip us with the enablement to expereience love the way it should be.

well done... Happy Valentine's day.. xx much love

Jennifer A. said...

Awww...lovely post!

Rita said...

Love, the language of all...

I guess you've summed it all up with the fact that we should love God's way...

Beautiful piece you wrote to your hubby

Much Luv,

O'Dee said...

The right kind of love, it Gods kind of love.

BigPrince said...

But can we really say this kind of love exists nowadays? It sure does, but then , can we say it exists mutually? Most times when it exists it is one sided, you can read my blog post on Love- Is it War? on http://ifeadebayo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

GUess love is two edged --- when encouraged it feels and smells great --- -when it is spurned, it goes beserk.. Guess Solomon captured the essence of it when he said "hope deferred makes the heart sick"

olusimeon said...

nice one..

Kafo said...

this is beautiful
even tho' i am once again boycotting V Day this is beautiful