2 February 2009

Snow





Hello and welcome to a wonderful snow day! If like me you are snowed in, unless you are a workaholic, it's a much needed day off work. So rather than sit and moan my inability to go to work (not that I did that), I decided to go for a walk in the snow! yes I did, with my Wellington boots, but I had to run back in because, down my end it was really pouring with snow and my boots weren't thick enough! While walking I thought to myself........

What is this!
Flurry, fluffy, fluster and still a beautiful sight
A beauty comparable to nothing
Indescribable,
But yet described as white as snow
Nay, it’s snow itself.

Its arrival expected, but the deluge a surprise
What is this that drops so quickly?
Covering my window sills.
Hedging us in
Snow, my friend
A welcome relief from
The news of woes that grips the headlines.

Yes, it’s snow, causing temporary mayhem on the
Roads, the streets, airports....
Still a beautiful sight to behold.
As children dance in it,
Tossing each other with balls of snow
No care in the world
Set free from the worries of
Adulthood
Snow though expected,
Still has the power to disrupt
And bring joy!



Let it snow! let it snow! let it snow!

Thank you Lord for the times and seasons!


© Deboo February 2009.
Pictures of my snow covered street.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you .. that was great ... when I got up early 6.30am and looked out I thought what a wonderfull sight everywhere covered in white and so clean and that lovely verse came to mind "though yours sins be as scarlet you shall be white as snow" ... Ray

Anonymous said...

Nice one there. Am glad to say am snowed in all day but will still be going for a walk in the beautiful snow and there will be a lot of playin as well. Getting my outfits for the snow ready.
Lots of luv.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device. Shirley

Anonymous said...

Nice one Debs.

This is God's way of declaring a public holiday for all of us!

Hope you have a good day.

Take care,
Mo

Anonymous said...

Debs,

I have to say, it's absolutely wonderful.
A day off, who would have thought about it!!!!!
Thank you Lord!
God knows I needed it. Especially on a Monday.
If it was my choice of the weather, I'll keep it going all week,
Do stay indoors and enjoy the day.
I'm in as well and browsing the internet.
Thanks for this mail. The words are very inspiring.
Look forward to more.
Regards
Akin

Olufunke said...

I like the way you wrote this
We thank God for the weather

I also remember how as a kid, I never had to worry about anything.I miss those times
Well ...I guess we have to grow up.

aloted said...

ehn hen...u saw snow and u got an inspiration to write a poem...nice one..

i am also at home o. giving my own account on my blog

Kafo said...

snow is beautiful when i have nowhere to go

Anonymous said...

Nice one there.... i hear its predicted to be the coldest winter in a long whiles so we'll just have to brace up for more snow.. lol

Remi, United Kingdom said...

wow... nice piece.. amazing the inspiration you get from snow! :-)

was this outside your place Debs? hehehehe.. I had an awesome day yestereday. woke up at 6:00 saw all the snow, got excited and screamed snow man.. went out and my neighbours and I built a big snow man.... lol..and walked around in it...

wow.. yes, thank you Lord for times and seasons... still looking out my garden window @ the beautiful white grounds... bliss..

Thanks for this Debs.. lotta love xx

Paul Iseg said...

Very very good.....lovely...now i look a the snow and then i begin to have other good thots and not just thots about the cold

Rita said...

beautiful pix...i really dont like the cold but when I saw the pix and read the poem, i felt like lying down on the snow...