11 March 2009

Grace Alone

How do you live life daily? In fear, doubt and worry? Or do you commit your ways to God’s hands believing he can handle whatever comes your way.

For a long time I was a worry wart, trust me I worry about every little thing, I even worry when I have nothing to worry about. I guess it stems from being impatient. I had to learn that it doesn’t matter how much I worry about an issue, it will turn out the way God wants it to.

That revelation saved my life, now I enjoy the peace that only God can give regardless of whatever circumstance I face.


God has not called us to live a life of worry, fear and pain. Yes, we will face disappointing situations as we journey through life, he said in his word that in this world we will have trials and tribulations, but he didn’t stop there… the other promise is that we can be cheerful knowing that he has overcome on our behalf. So in the mist of that difficult situation, perplexing problem and unimaginable enigma, let the hope of overcoming in Christ fill you with cheer.

I was saved by grace the moment I realised that I am not in control of whatever happens. I came to realise that after the initial disappointment of not realising our dreams, reaching our goals and having our desires met, we can dust ourselves and get back up again.
Being a Christian does not immune us from problems, though our pain may be great, we can be assured of God’s grace through each difficulty.


Grace alone is what carries us through when others are falling down from the weight of their problems,
Grace embraces us and keeps us hoping,
grace assures us of a better outcome,
Grace ignites in us a spark that radiates for all to see,
Grace gives strength for the journey,
Grace applauds us when we persist and keep on,
Grace enables us to ignore the jeers and sneers of the crowd,
Grace illuminates our paths and paves the way for a glorious dawn,
Grace always accepts us when we falter and waver,
Grace alone makes the difference.

© Deboo March 2009
Picture by "photobucket"

6 comments:

David C Brown said...

As 1 Peter 5 says, "having cast all your care upon him, for he cares about you".

Jennifer A. said...

Only by His grace...there's nothing I can do to protect my destiny...I'm alive today because of His grace...

Thanks Deb :)

O'Dee said...

Gods grace.

Feels good to know I dont have to worry about anything.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Kafo said...

im reading a book that is reintroducing mii to God's grace

thanks for this

Giagerry said...

"Being a Christian does not immune us from problems, though our pain may be great, we can be assured of God’s grace through each difficulty"
That makes a lot of sense bcuz he says that "he will be with us in the time of trouble". So its clearly obvious that we meet obstacles in this life but its by his grace and also for us to stay nd trust in him and him alone...then he will truly be with us in such times.

olusimeon said...

true words debbie..i am all i am today by His grace and all i'll ever be is cos of His grace.