28 July 2009

Basking ...................

In these trying times, a lot of folks have allowed their vision to become blur by what they see and their hearing have become dull by the constant stream of ill tidings!
I must say it is hard to be positive given all that is going on in our world today. Be that as it may, we must keep our eyes fixed on the vision.

Sometimes when the vision tarries the wait becomes too long in our eyes. Have we wondered why we become despondent and impatient when what we’ve been waiting for seems to take forever to come through? Here’s why I think we get dismay, discouraged, or disheartened, we spend too much time on the situation, our every waking moment is consumed with the issues we face, we are so engross with it that we live in the reality of its absence. There’s no smile on our faces, no hope in the future, robbing us of joy in the present.

I decided a long time ago to look around me, within me and find something to be thankful for each day regardless of how dire the situation may be. It has helped me a great deal as my focus is removed from the issue that is not working out to what is.

I have decided to enjoy each moment given to me and not to waste it pondering the absence my desires.

I have come to realise that no matter how bad I think my situation is someone somewhere have it worse than me.

I have come to know that my posture during the trying times of my life will either inspire someone to trust God or to give up in their wait for their break through.

I have decided to see each challenge as another added experience to the tree of testimony that is growing by the day.

I have decided to

Enjoy the beauty of my dreams
Live in its reality
And bask in the possibilities of its fulfilment
To let the assurance of its realisation
Fill me with peace in the present
And hope for the future.


What are you basking in?


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Eyes for sight to see both the seen and unseen
Though often times
Gaze trail to the unseen
Sadness magnified by its absence

I press on still,
My focus on the goal
Yielding to the vision that is a reality in the realm of the unseen
I steadfastly set my gaze on the dream
As I fully grasp it in the inner recesses of me
I come into it
As it becomes real in me.


© Deboo July 2009
Pictures by "photobucket"

10 comments:

Rene said...

uplifting. I used to dwell in the reality of unfulfilled goal but now I trying to be appreciative.

Kémi Penélopê said...

It is hard to see anything good at such a time like this but if we remember the scripture that talks about nothing being new under the God's sun then we need to be reassured that this too shall pass.

Thanks for the inspiring words...[Another reason to be thankful for...we have the internet to read things like this.]

Jennifer A. said...

I love this post so much...and I'm forwarding it to someone who needs it. There's too much going on in the world to let the seeds that have been sown on our fertile ground get choked up by thorns (cares of this world)...

We were created for WORSHIP...to continuously bask in God's presence...

Love this post! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

True words.......Someone else has it worse.... There's still a lot to be thankful no matter how bad it seems....

Giagerry said...

ahhh debbie!!
nice one o...I actually prepared a message on this topic, hoping to share with the youth group at my church.
lovely

Kafo said...

this is very beautiful

thank u
it really applies to mii
i wish i didn't read it just so i can have teh first experience of reading it again

lol

downtheaisle said...

the challenges make the testimony sweeter.His grace is always sufficient even in our going throughs this is a good stuff.

u can check out my last post too.

David C Brown said...

Bask in the sunshine of God's love!

The poets voice ~~~ said...

I bask in God's faithfulness and unfailing love!
I think this is a word to bless people out there...It is really hard to stay focused but somehow we gotta remember that we've come a long way from where we used to be. If you stay focused on the Lord then you'll sail through, it's when peter looked away and focused on the storm that he began to sink!
Also when we focus on the situation, it starts to look bigger than our God and that's a no-no!! don't look at the bigness of your Circunstance but at the bigness of your GOD...

how are you doing btw? x

deola said...

This is good