5 October 2009

Reflections.

Have you ever thought about sitting still and reflecting? Lately, I find myself reflecting more, I don’t know why, but I have found it helpful and I have had to let go of some issues I was holding on to.

It is hard not to notice when someone has done something to hurt us, it is hard to ignore a look with seemingly bad intent, and it is hard not to take revenge in our own way. For instance, if someone doesn’t call you or misses an event you’ve organised, our revenge may be to ignore them the next time we see them or be cold, and I think it gives us a certain satisfaction when we get even.

It is these little foxes, I’ve been dealing with lately and by God have I learnt. I’ve learnt that it is not what is done to us that matters, but how we react to what is done to us and also the next step in the process.

I can either hold on to a grudge or hurtful experience and have it eat away at me slowly or reflect over what I thought was wrong, make excuses for the person/persons involved and move on.
I have found the second alternative refreshing and liberating.

I use to think meditating, being quiet for a few minutes is daunting, being a very active and up and about person, I can hardly sit still for a minute, but now I’ve found ways to stop and be still.
I reflect when cleaning my home, walking to and from the station, when having a shower, just allowing the water to drip, I allow my thoughts to drift away and I reflect. The result, I am more at peace with myself and those around me.

So straight from my heart is this piece to encourage you to find time to sort out your thoughts, release yourself to the beauty of reflection, mediate on the wonders of you and nature and you will find strength to carry on.


I sit in silence pondering the meandering waves of the seas,and marvel at the birds and the whales.
Amidst the busyness of life and seas of wondering thoughts, my consciousness is restraint and stirred in the paths of quiet terrain.
A sweet reprieve I find in the stillness of time, reflecting on the goodness of nature and the wonders of the mind.
Strength I gain when I reflect on the wonders of God, and peace restored when in truth I release the clogs of dirt that blocked my mind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very useful truth you bring up here.... taking time to meander the labyrinths of the mind is a useful activity.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

PROFOUND:

It is in those quiet times that we will indeed hear God, and really, really understand what He wants us to do.

It is in those quiet times that we can really, really experience what it means to be God's own, because we will indeed feel his tangible embrace.

It is in those quiet times when we really, really realise no matter how hard we try, we just can't comphrehend the awesomeness of God's wonder, the wonder of His creation or why He loves us so much.
Thank u for this love... It ministed to me

Ah thank you for your email.. all I can say is I love you loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads! :-) and u can imagine my grin when I type that..

Yup definately - Thursday or Friday next week? Pick a day..

lots of luv x

David C Brown said...

"I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find the knowledge which cometh of reflection." proverbs 8: 12

Rita said...

Thank you.

I learnt recently that meditating also involves speaking...like speaking to yourself while you go about other things.

This post really makes me reflect and kept my spirit still while I read through....

Misstarii said...

I love reflecting..there is a certain peace. I love your post.