13 March 2010

A Mother

thinking of her, I smile,
I see her as she is,
a lover, a mother, a friend,
a helper,
a shelter
a mum, in season and out of season
when it's convenient and when it's not,
she's a mum to me.

Seeing her now, I am humble,
a woman of true passion,
enduring love,
of unpredictable humour,
skilled in everything,
woodwork,
homework,
schoolwork
yet of a tender demeanour.
cannot be replicated, even though often relegated
cannot be done without, disowned or denied
forever a channel
choose by God to bring life to be.

Thinking of her
I know I am blessed.
Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

honey91 said...

happy mothers day to your mumj and mine too!!!

David C Brown said...

Very good; I'll say amen to that and print a copy for my mother.

My Quest said...

This is a very nice and sweet poem you've written for your mum.
I asked the Lord to Grant me too my humble request to be a mum and know that one day too and hopefully not too far from now, he will hear my humble cry.