12 August 2008

I Soar



I spread like a butterfly and take flight in the comfort of the wind,
Carefree of the issues beneath my realm,
They abound, daily striving to over take me,
I soar high over the shores of gloom and snares,
Meandering in the garden of calm
As I nestle high, over the platitude of misery and want.
I rest from the toil without and the turmoil within
And fear not at the appearance of ill,
Indeed, its swift arrival will surely beat a hasty retreat.
I spread my wings and am carried over and above to
The place that is safe from all that causes harm.

© Deboo August 2008.
Pictures by "photobucket"

11 comments:

O'Dee said...

"I soar high over the shores of gloom and snares."

9ce piece.

Jennifer A. said...

This poem ties into the beautiful logo on the right, "Dare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky..."

Love it!

Reverence said...

thanks for stopping by! i am glad you like.

i will def keep an eye on yours too

olusimeon said...

true.."they abound daily stiving to overtake...." but no they cant..cos i'm more than a victor thru jesus christ ..halleluya...some1 get excited in this building...

Kafo said...

a place that is safe from all that causes harm

this reminds mii of Psalm 27
i really needed to read this today

thanks

Kafo said...

will checking out your page and saw that you read Susan Warren russia series, i think the latest book is the only one i haven't read

is it good??

Straight from the heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Straight from the heart said...

Hi all thanks for the kind words, it encourages me to keep doing what I am doing.
I wrote this as I am going through some tought times now, with my dad in and out of the hospital for one operation or the other, this just came out, when I felt really low.
Kafo this is the first of the series I have read, a good read and kind of drag in the middle, but picked up again, overall I enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful lines, thought provoking imageries!

Keep soaring!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Rita said...

Keep soaring. The Lord is your strength.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lovely lines.