24 November 2008

I've Learnt

I’ve learnt that God will not give me what I want but what he wants for me.
I’ve learnt that God will not open doors for me, but will give me keys to open them.
I’ve learnt that God will not force me to do his will but will bring situations that will cause me to.
I’ve learnt that God will not remove obstacles from my way, but will give me the wisdom to remove them.


I’ve learnt that even though I don’t understand God and his ways, he understands my ways.
I’ve learnt that it doesn’t matter how much I know, but without the knowledge of God
What I know is useless.
I’ve learnt to live in plenty and in the absence of much.
I’ve learnt to give when it’s painful and to receive joyfully, painful situations God has allowed my way.



I’ve learnt that while I pray for God to change the world, I have to be the change I want to see.
I’ve learnt that when I ask God to provide for someone, to look within my capabilities and see if I may be the vessel through which the blessings should flow.
I’ve learnt that God brings people into my life for a reason and when they leave their assignment in my life is over.
I’ve learnt that to be content is not to be satisfied with underachievement, but to work joyfully at my current task on the way to my future assignment.


I’ve learnt that worry does not solve any problem but rather it leaves the door open for despair, sorrow and pain.
I’ve learnt that sometimes our best efforts may not produce the returns we desire.
I’ve learnt to always be thankful in spite of everything I go through, to find the rose within the thorns. For there is someone out there whose issues are 100 times worse than mine.

What have you learnt as you journey through life?

© Deboo November 2008

Pictures by "Photobucket"

7 comments:

olusimeon said...

have learnt almost all the lessons you have learnt too..just kept nodin ma head as i went thru the lessons..i guess the explaination for that is simple..we use thesame manual for life,peace

Remi, United Kingdom said...

wow girl.... Yup I agree with Simeone, I have learnt all those lessons too.. And you writing them down, shows us ALL the things and more, we actually have to give God thanks for...

For me, the most lessons I learnt this year are:

God is my source - full stop :-)

I learnt to relish in the gift of life that he has given me... to rejoice, be glad and accomplish the assignment he has set out in front of me - because I can do all things.

I learnt that to keep in his will, means I have to constantly check myself, over and over again...

Finally, I learnt that, yes I have desires and wishes and all, but ultimately, it's his will that I should pray for, no matter how off left or right to my desires they are!!! Now that is the hardest bit sometimes :-)

God bless u loads luv... x

olusimeon said...

i have also learnt that, the sooner i aligned my self with his word, the berra for my life...

Jennifer A. said...

Learning is a very critical part of this journey called "Life."

LovePaprika said...

i have learnt that experiences can make u change ur views...

Omonaikee said...

Hello straight from the heart.its been nice browsing through places in ur heart.its my first visit to your blog. nice ta meetyah. i've learnt that instead of feeling defeated or confused about something , i should pray.

O'Dee said...

I've learnt to always trust that God will take care of me.

I've learnt to be the change I want to see.

I've learnt that God didnt make life to be hard. living life according to his directions is a lot easier.

I've learnt that its better to pray about things than to worry.

I've learnt so much.

I must say your blog is always an inspiration to me. I thank God for you.