18 December 2009

Season's Greetings: Today and Everyday

Photobucket It's the season to be jolly right? How come I've heard so many people say they won’t celebrate Christmas this year"? Why? I have asked, and the replies have often been, O, it's just the same old, same old routine of buying presents, attending parties with people you'd rather not be around, buying cards and presents, etc. I must say that I felt like that too and decided not to send cards this year, not because I don't like my friends and family but because I feel that I can use technology to express my wishes to them.

I like that my church has decided that instead of everyone sending cards to each other, we should donate to a charity and this year we will be donation in the form of the money we would have spend on Christmas cards to the children's society. You may think the amount is insignificant. Be that as it may, when pooled together it will go a long way to impact someone else’s life.

I still like the buzz around this time of the year, primarily because it's the end of the year, I take time out to reflect on the past months, relax, catch up with friends and recharge for the coming year.


Regardless of whether you will be celebrating or not, I want to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a fantastic year ahead.

As you tuck into your turkey, my Christmas wish is that you remember:


it' was a birth that was predicted thousands of years before he was born
it' was an announcement that was made to a virgin
it' was a birth shrouded in controversy,
it was a seed that was not human
Yet it was planted in human body
It was an act without man's involvement, except as a vessel in the form of a virgin
it was a divine birth that brought Christmas to us today
it was a God that became man in human flesh.

Not just on Christmas day, but every day.

It was his birth which led to his living, it was his life which leads to his death
it was his death that brought us pardon,
it was his resurrection that brought us life
it is his life in me that causes me to celebrate his birth everyday and on Christmas day!

Happy Christmas today and everyday!


Pictures from "Photobucket"

4 comments:

honey91 said...

awww Merry Christmas to u too!

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Beautiful soul... Merry Christmas my dear!
Yes, it is not about presents or gifts, it is about showing compassion and the precious love of Jesus Christ.

God bless you my dear... I know m busyness knows no bounds.. but I got the email today..yaaaaaaaaay..

Love u loads.. u always on mind.. soon, soon :-) x

David C Brown said...

What the Lord asked us to do is to remember Him in the breaking of bread; that continues all year round,to keep us alive in affection. Enjoy your turkeys, etc. everyone - but every day is to be for Him!

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Hey Hon, happy christmas again. I am sure you had a smashing time. miss u.. luv x