30 June 2008

And Then I prayed.

And then I prayed, and spoke to my father in heaven, I asked him for things for me, for desires to be met and dreams to be fulfilled.

I talked to him about my future and the fears I had.
I spoke to him about my past and the mistakes I made.
I spoke to him about my present and the struggles to live as he pleases.
I spoke to him about his commands to treat others like myself,
I told him how hard it was.
I told him how much I wanted to speak my mind to those who have cause me hurt and pain.
I talked and talked and talked,
I told him of how worried I am that I don’t feel wanted, loved, or cared for or noticed by friends.
I told him I struggle to understand his purpose in my pain, and how hard it is to see his hand through it all.
I spoke to him about the world he created and how bad it’s become and how men are after their own ways.
I finished speaking and waited for him to speak back… He did…..


He told me of his awesomeness, of his intricate ways, how he alone fashioned the whole earth and everything in it, how nothing goes unnoticed, that the hair on my head are numbered and not one falls without him noticing.

he told me of his grace and mercy that was given when I became his child, that has kept me through the tough and rough times of my life.
He told me of his unconditional love for me, that nothing I do or don’t do will make him change is mind about me.
He didn’t only speak, he showed me the wonders in his creature, the wisdom he gave man to craft things,


The makings of the coral reef.
The small details of the ant he knows,
The magnificence of the Elephant displaying his might,
The beauty of the peacock speaks of his glory,
The strength of the lion displaying his fearsomeness.
He show me his splendour displayed in the skies,
The star that shines at night, of pure white, securely held by his word,
He show me the glory of the sun radiating in beauty too wonderful to behold….. But yet so beautiful its arrival leaves a yearning for more.

And then he said my child, I did all these.....I am aware of your fears and worries, and in time I’ll make all things beautifUL…. And your troubles will become trophies, a reminder of how you overcame…., be still, rest assured, that I’ve got it all worked out.

© Deboo June 2008.

9 comments:

HelenE said...

This is sooooo beautiful Exactly WHAT I NEEDED to hear today. Praise God for his awesome faithfulness.

Jennifer A. said...

It feels so good to be real with our Father...

"...The makings of the coral reef.
The small details of the ant he knows,
The magnificence of the Elephant displaying his might..."


HALELUYAHHHHH!!!! Thanks for this, it was really beautiful!

LG said...

Thanks sweery for d motivation, God bless u.

Joyoz said...

And then We prayed, for our nation for things we understand and the ones we don't understand, for the past, for the present and for strenght for the future.
and then He answered and gave us assurance that he is always there.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Thank you for sharing this. Exactly the positivity I need first thing in the morning.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my ...Easier... blog. Take care!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Zoe Believer said...

Inspiring, thanks for stopping by my blog. Remain blessed and keep doing what you do!

Rinsola said...

"He told me of his awesomeness, of his intricate ways, how he alone fashioned the whole earth and everything in it, how nothing goes unnoticed, that the hair on my head are numbered and not one falls without him noticing". God is just too much!
How'r u doing lady? thanks for checking up on moi. Hope u have a great weekend.

ShadeCrown said...

wow!! deeep.

and MY troubles will become trophies..

Thanks for sharing.

BlogVille Idol said...

the contestants have their songs up on blogville idol page ..pls run over there to listen to then and pls vote