22 June 2008

Giving my best.




It’s human to become weary at any given task, when it appears that we are not being appreciated. It is natural to just do the lease we can do and say, that’s it, no one really cares.
You see, no one ever achieved greatness, without giving and putting in that little bit extra and working at the assigned task until a perfect work is produced.

Rewards and praise are necessary ingredients to accomplish any task, but sometimes we may not receive them, so what do you do? Give up or do a really bad job? Our work is our signature, whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well. Why waste time doing a less than perfect job, if anything, its better not to start at all.
So straight from my heart is this pledge
I’ve made…. To do my very best, for nothing less will ever do.
I’ll do my best at every task,
Nothing less will ever do
I’ll try my hardest at every job,
Nothing less will ever do
I’ll say my best, when asked,
Nothing less will ever do
I’ll pray my best, when called to
Nothing less will ever do
I’ll think my best out of every situation
Nothing less will every do
I’ll give my best at every call
Nothing less will ever do
And when my very best is given
I’ll rest assured that nothing else is
Left to do,
And I’ll hold my head up high
And live the rest to God.

© Deboo June 2008.








Pictures by "photo bucket"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only when we do our best, will God act and make our best effort a masterpiece.

Anni

Joyoz said...

Giving one's best is really hard and easier said than done, but only when we persist do we find that we are more than able, as God often puts his ability on our ability to make our best, outstanding...

BlogVille Idol said...

hey blogville idol 08 is back!check our blog for more details!tanx

LG said...

yep only God can give us strength to do our best, bcos he knos best shebi??

*swerry i ve updated o,
hope u r gud???

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Nice post girl. I have come to the understanding that whatever I do, no matter how hidden I think it is, when I think no one is watching, guess what God is watching! lol... So do I give the master a showdy job or give him the best I've got? The choice is ours to make. I pray God keeps birthing in us the desire to do the best in everything we do. That desire that comes from the love of God, which gives the understanding that whatever we do, no matter how little - It is to help those around us and ultimately for God's glory.
well done girl... loving the poem. x