5 June 2008

Embrace Me

Photobucket


It is true that what goes around comes around; if you want love show love, if you want peace, try to pursue peace at every opportunity, if you can’t pick up your phone and call close friends and family, don’t’ expect the same. People want other’s to treat them, right, but not returning the same.

I wish life was that simple, what we expect to see around us, we have to be. People are more suspicious of others, we don’t pop in to chat with the neighbours, we keep to ourselves, we are fearful, I know evil abounds all around us, but if we truly seek to find good in others by our kind deeds and thoughtfulness, we will in turn be treated in like manner, making the world a much better place.

You all know the saying, be the change you want to see around you…..
So straight from my heart is this piece hoping that will we embrace each other with genuine tots of love and acts of kindness….

Embrace me with a smile
Not with stare of scorn and pity
For in your smile
I feel a fire of love
And peace divine

Embrace me with touch of warmth
Not with cruel hands of strife
For the warmth of it will bring calm and
Drive away all fear

Embrace me with words of wisdom
Not of vile remarks or phase
Your words will make easier
A heart in need of comfort.

Embrace me with your love
For in it I find my place
Of rest, secured in your embrace
I can truly embrace others
too.


© Deboo June 2008

Pictures by "Photobucket"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is true, we all need an embrace of some sort, people to people loving each other... unconditionalily....
Thanks again for a thought provoking work.

Anni

Joyoz said...

We have to embrace people of different race, colour, charater, creed, beliefs and religion, because in doing so, we are spreading the glorious truth of God's love.

Remi, United Kingdom said...

Yup, that's true, whatever we want people to do for us, or howeever we want people to treat us, we must do the same for them. Whatever we want God to do for us, we must sow that same seed to our fellow man. Love, peace, joy, forgiveness and the like.... One cannot plant corn and expect rice, come harvest time! Very nice poem luv.. thanks, I was inspired by this. Much love